If your Toyota key fob breaks or gets misplaced in Savannah, don’t panic. Replacing your key fob battery is easier than you think, and even if you need to fix the fob completely, Savannah Toyota can help. Walk through the Toyota key replacement process with these service tips!
Toyota Key Fob Battery Replacement
In most cases, a dead battery is the cause for Toyota key fob troubles. Luckily, replacing your key fob battery is simple! The first step is determining which battery you need. To do so:
- Open your key fob with either your hidden key (available in newer Toyota models), or a thin but strong object at the designated notch or slot.
- After the case is open, gently lift the circuit board to reveal the battery.
- Take note of what kind of battery it is and how it sits in the case. Most Toyota models use a CR2032 battery. These batteries are widely available in Pooler stores and online. They’re usually under $5 too, depending on the brand and package size you buy.
- Once you have your Toyota key fob battery replacement, put it inside of your key fob case and close it.
- Test your key fob to ensure it’s working. If it doesn’t, open the case again and readjust the battery, making sure the connections are clean and they’re making contact with the battery. If the key fob still doesn’t work, you may need a Toyota key fob replacement.
Broken Toyota Key Fob
Bluffton drivers with a broken Toyota key fob have replacement options.
- If the key itself is damaged: rather than replace the entire key fob, our Toyota service center can simply cut you a new key. Once your key is cut, you can continue using your existing fob.
- If the key fob case is damaged, but not the internal electronics: ordering a replacement case to house the electronics can help save you money. Order parts through Savannah Toyota to get genuine OEM replacement parts!
- If the key fob has experienced water damage: you will likely need a total Toyota key fob replacement.
Toyota Key Fob Replacement
When your key fob is lost or damaged beyond repair, it’s time to order a Toyota key fob replacement. The cost of a new fob can range from $200-350 depending on which Hilton Head dealership you work with and what kind of parts specials are available. The high cost for these replacements is due to the work involved with cutting the key, reprogramming the electronics, and matching it to your Toyota model.
Get Your Toyota Key Fob Replacement at Savannah Toyota!
Need help with your Toyota key replacement? Work with the service experts at Savannah Toyota for parts and service you can depend on. Our certified technicians can inspect the damage to your key fob to see if it can be saved, or help your order parts if necessary. Schedule service to get started, and be sure to take advantage of our current service specials to save even more. If you have any questions about maintaining your Toyota, we’re here to help!