2018 Toyota Camry vs. 2018 Kia Optima
Learn More About the Camry Contact Us
The all-new 2018 Toyota Camry has been getting a lot of attention, with the redesigned model getting even more standard features and boosted performance specs. As a result, the new Camry beats out the 2018 Kia Optima in a number of key areas, including:
- Performance capabilities
- Fuel economy
- Advanced safety features
Get the full picture here, and count on Savannah Toyota for all your Toyota automotive needs!
When it comes to performance
, the fully redesigned stands out from the competition, including both the 2018 Hyundai Sonata
and now the 2018 Kia Optima:
- Toyota Camry – The base engine on the Camry is an all-new 2.5L Dynamic Force inline-four that makes 203 hp 184 lb-ft of torque. Upgrade to the available 3.5L V6, and you’ll get 301 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
- Kia Optima – The Optima’s base engine is a 2.5L inline-four that makes 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque. Next up is a turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder that makes 178 hp and 195 lb-ft of torque, followed by a range-topping turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder that’s good for only 245 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, still well below the mark of the Camry’s V6.
Despite its superior output, the 2018 Toyota Camry will also help you save more on gas when cruising the streets of Savannah:
- Toyota Camry – The Camry’s standard four-cylinder engine is able to get up to an EPA-estimated 41 mpg highway and 29 mpg city.
- Kia Optima – The Optima’s standard engine is unable to surpass 36 mpg highway and 25 mpg city, and the turbocharged 1.6L inline-four tops out at just 37 mpg highway and 28 mpg city.
The 2018 Toyota Camry and 2018 Kia Optima both have you covered with traction control, stability control, a standard rearview camera, and a full suite of airbags, but the Toyota Camry is the only vehicle that also comes standard with a full suite of driver assist features. Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
can be found on every Camry and includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Automatic High Beams (AHB)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
Discover the 2018 Toyota Camry in Savannah Today
The 2018 Toyota Camry is on sale now in the Lowcountry at Savannah Toyota, located at 11101 Abercorn Street in Savannah, GA. Here, you’ll enjoy prime advantages like our best price and our incredible selection of new and used Toyota vehicles. When you’re ready, contact us to set up a test drive, or simply pop in and see us!