Which Toyota RAV4 Models Have AWD?
For shoppers in the Bluffton area looking for all-wheel drive cars for sale that will deliver confidence and safety on the road, the 2020 Toyota RAV4 delivers with top safety ratings thanks largely to available all-wheel drive (AWD). But which RAV4 has AWD? Check out this guide to the AWD on the Toyota RAV4, and then come check out our selection of Toyota RAV4 AWD models for sale at Savannah Toyota in the Lowcountry.
Are All Toyota RAV4 Models AWD?
Most Toyota RAV4 crossover SUVs come standard with front-wheel drive (FWD). The exceptions include all three Toyota RAV4 Hybrid configurations, as well as the Toyota RAV4 Adventure trim: these always offer all-wheel drive as a standard feature. However, even those who have another model in mind can rest assured. When you come to Savannah Toyota, you can get AWD on the Toyota RAV4 at any trim level:
- XLE Premium
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 also offers all-wheel drive in every trim, so if you decide to opt for an earlier model year, you’ll still have plenty of options to explore, including AWD hybrid cars. So, is the RAV4 four-wheel drive? The answer, at least for later models, is that it can be!
About the Toyota RAV4 AWD Systems
What does AWD mean? This drivetrain powers all four wheels equally at all times, as opposed to FWD or RWD models that only concentrate on the front or rear wheels. The RAV4 is currently offered with three different AWD systems. The option you receive will depend on the trim and configuration which you select:
- Toyota RAV4 AWD (LE, XLE, XLE Premium) – A unique Toyota RAV4 all-wheel drive system is available on most trims. The basic AWD setup is able to monitor driving behavior and terrain, and it shifts power to the back wheels whenever it’s needed. This provides enhanced traction and efficiency.
- Toyota RAV4 AWD (Adventure, Limited) – The RAV4 Adventure and RAV4 Limited trims offer an even more impressive alternative! Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive sends constant power to both the front and the rear wheels, and by shifting power from side to side as needed, it lets you enjoy superior performance both on-road and off. If you’re the type who wants to venture far from the beaten path, this is absolutely the configuration you should choose.
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid AWD (LE, XLE, XSE, Limited) – The Hybrid model comes with an Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive with intelligence (AWD-i) system. Under normal conditions, the hybrid powertrain delivers power to the front wheels, but when more traction is needed the electric motor can kick in and send power to the rear wheels, creating one of the best AWD hybrid options today.
The Advantages of RAV4 AWD
Buying a well-reviewed Toyota RAV4 AWD model comes with a number of benefits, including:
- More agile response in normal driving conditions
- Increased safety in inclement weather
- Superior capabilities when driving through the Chattahoochee Hills
What’s more, drivers who choose the Toyota RAV4 Adventure trim will be able to significantly increase their towing power.
Experience the Performance of a Toyota RAV4 AWD Crossover
You can get the convenience of a spacious family vehicle along with the confidence of superior traction with a new Toyota RAV4 AWD crossover near Pooler at Savannah Toyota. In addition to its AWD hybrid option, the Toyota RAV4 also comes with Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P), making it even safer! When you’re looking for all-wheel drive cars for sale in Savannah or AWD hybrid cars, visit us at 11101 Abercorn Street. For questions about additional technology and interior features like the available Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect, feel free to contact us for more information about our inventory or our RAV4 lease deals. We hope to see you soon!
More About the 2020 Toyota RAV4
The Toyota RAV4 offers drivers in Savannah excellent performance and a suite of features to keep them safe while they’re on the road. Along with its impressive trim levels, the Toyota RAV4 interior colors give drivers the opportunity to customize their RAV4 to their preferences, while the Toyota RAV4 interior dimensions give drivers the space…
Pooler car buyers can expect the 2020 Toyota RAV4 configurations to be priced between $25,850 MSRP* and $34,380 MSRP*, making it an excellent choice for all drivers, no matter their budget. With the variety of new Toyota RAV4 configurations, finding the one with the features you want at a price that won’t break the bank…