Which Toyota RAV4 Models Have AWD?
For shoppers in the Bluffton area looking for a vehicle that will deliver confidence and safety on the road, the 2019 Toyota RAV4 delivers with top safety ratings thanks largely to available all-wheel drive (AWD). But which RAV4 has AWD? Check out this guide to the AWD on the Toyota RAV4, and then come check out our selection of Toyota RAV4 models for sale at Savannah Toyota in the Lowcountry.
Are All Toyota RAV4 Models AWD?
Most Toyota RAV4 crossover SUVs come standard with front-wheel drive (FWD). The exceptions include all three Toyota RAV4 Hybrid configurations, as well as the Toyota RAV4 Adventure trim: these always offer all-wheel drive as a standard feature. However, even those who have another model in mind can rest assured. When you come to Savannah Toyota, you can get AWD on the Toyota RAV4 at any trim level:
- XLE Premium
The 2018 Toyota RAV4 also offers all-wheel drive in every trim, so if you decide to opt for an earlier model year, you’ll still have plenty of options to explore. So, is the RAV4 four-wheel drive? The answer, at least for later models, is that it can be!
About the Toyota RAV4 AWD Systems
The RAV4 is currently offered with three different AWD systems. The option you receive will depend on the trim and configuration which you select:
- Toyota RAV4 AWD (LE, XLE, XLE Premium) – A unique Toyota RAV4 all-wheel drive system is avaiable on most trims. The basic AWD setup is able to monitor driving behavior and terrain, and it shifts power to the back wheels whenever it’s needed. This provides enhanced traction and efficiency.
- Toyota RAV4 AWD (Adventure, Limited) – New for this year, the RAV4 Adventure and RAV4 Limited trims offer an even more impressive alternative! Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive sends constant power to both the front and the rear wheels, and by shifting power from side to side as needed, it lets you enjoy superior performance both on-road and off. If you’re the type who wants to venture far from the beaten path, this is absolutely the configuration you should choose.
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid AWD (LE, XLE, XSE, Limited) – The Hybrid model comes with an Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive with intelligence (AWD-i) system. Under normal conditions, the hybrid powertrain delivers power to the front wheels, but when more traction is needed the electric motor can kick in and send power to the rear wheels.
The Advantages of AWD
Buying a well-reviewed Toyota RAV4 AWD model comes with a number of benefits, including:
- More agile response in normal driving conditions
- Increased safety in inclement weather
- Superior capabilities when driving through the Chattahoochee Hills
What’s more, drivers who choose the Toyota RAV4 Adventure trim will be able to significantly increase their towing power.
Experience the Performance of a Toyota RAV4 AWD Crossover
You can get the convenience of a spacious family vehicle along with the confidence of superior traction with a new Toyota RAV4 crossover near Pooler at Savannah Toyota. In addition to AWD, the Toyota RAV4 also comes with Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) as an option, making it even safer! We’re located at 11101 Abercorn Street in Savannah, GA, and if you have questions about additional features like the available Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect, feel free to contact us for more information. We hope to see you soon!
More About the 2019 Toyota RAV4
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 has received high praise by consumer and industry experts alike who have had the opportunity to check out this crossover vehicle. U.S. News & World Report appreciate the “many standard driver assistance features” and “great gas mileage” while Edmunds praises its “quiet interior and comfortable ride quality.” And as a vehicle…
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 is one of the top vehicles in its segment, and for many, it’s an even better value than top competitors like the Honda CR-V. This means that if you’ve started to explore available compact SUVs in the Pooler area, you’ve almost certainly wondered about the Toyota RAV4 price. Contact Us More…