What Do Your Toyota Warning Lights Mean?
The various Toyota lights on your dash aren’t there to decorate the space. These Toyota warning lights convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Pooler commute at the Savannah Toyota Service Center.
Know Your Toyota Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive around Bluffton, the warning lights in your Toyota may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline in Hilton Head.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s regular maintenance or dealing with an illuminated dash light, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Savannah Toyota. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Savannah. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs.
More from Savannah Toyota
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 is one of the top vehicles in its segment, and for many, it’s an even better value than top competitors like the Honda CR-V. This means that if you’ve started to explore available compact SUVs in the Pooler area, you’ve almost certainly wondered about the Toyota RAV4 price. Contact Us More…
For the new year, the Toyota Corolla has been completely redesigned, and that means drivers near Bluffton and Hilton Head have a lot to get excited about! Whether you look under the hood or inside the cabin, you’ll find impressive updates and upgrades that make this the best Corolla yet. Here, we’ve broken down the 2020…
Recently unveiled at the Chicago and Detroit Auto Show, the 2020 Toyota Supra continues Toyota’s legacy of innovation in the sports car segment. The 2014 FT-1 concept car served as the basis for this high-powered production model, but with significant improvements in performance and design. A product of the Toyota Gazoo Racing division, the new…