A 278-hp 3.8-liter V6 runs under the hood of this double cab off-road 4×4 truck. It consists of a shorter 5-foot bed, but the wide girth and high stance make this the perfect off-road vehicle. It can handle snow-covered road, rugged paths, and extreme situations. Whether you are seeking a solo escape into the wilderness, looking for a weekend adventure with a buddy, or necessity has you driving in extreme conditions, you can rest assured the the Toyota Tacoma TRD will get you there, no matter what. Also, choose between 6-speed automatic or manual transmission.
Systems to Keep You Moving Forward
Unique TRD coil springs provide extra suspension in the front of the vehicle to help it handle anything that might have fallen in the trail, and special progressive-rate leaf springs add bump absorption. The FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shocks tuned by TRD sits at each corner of the vehicle. The Baja-inspired TRD alloy wheels wrapped with Kevlar®-reinforced Goodyear Wrangler® All-Terrain tires give you a firm basis and tight connection to the surface. Other awesome features include:
- TRD Pro aluminum front skid plate
- Rigid Industries® LED fog lights
- Projector-beam headlights with black bezels, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), and auto on/off feature
- 4WDemand part-time 4WD with a transfer case and Automatic Limited-Slip Differential (Auto LSD) that are both electronically-controlled
- A 130-amp alternator
- Coolers for engine oil to keep your vehicle cool even in tough situations
- Power steering to assist your navigation of unruly terrain
- A standard towing package that includes a Class-IV towing receiver hitch lets you take along any gear you may need, and trailer sway control lets you haul it safely.
The Best in Design Features
No matter what the conditions are outside of your vehicle, you can get across it in comfort inside the Tacoma TRD Pro. A 4-way adjustable driver’s and passenger’s seats with lumbar support keeps your body comfortable during long rides. Plus, they are leather trimmed and heated, to keep you warm if you escape to a snowy area of the world. The TRD shift knob looks sleek and the Pro floor mats keeps your floor clean on the inside.
All the Technology You Need
Stay connected even when you are getting away from it all.
- Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite is Toyota’s amazing technology system that lets you stream music through your smart device, access phone controls with your voice, get turn-by-turn directions, and access popular apps that are included with the system, such as Pandora, or ways to make dinner reservations (when you get back from your adventure).
- A 4.2-inch Mult-Information Display gives you access to outside temperature, odometer, tripmeters, and average fuel economy.
- A GoPro is mounted on your windshield to capture every moment of your adventure.
Safety Features of the Next Generation
Toyota has been taking their vehicles to the next level of safety for the residents of Savannah and Hilton Head Island. Systems included with the Tacoma TRD Pro are:
- A Five-mode Multi-Terrain Select traction-control system is exclusive to this model of vehicle
- Rear Parking Assist helps get you into tight spots without bumping anything around you
- Blind-spot Warning offers guidance if you are changing lanes and there’s something there you can’t see
- Rear cross-traffic alert helps you in similar ways
- Hill-start Assist helps you minimize rolling when you’ve stopped your vehicle on an incline as you move your foot from the break to the gas
- Crawl Control is a special system that allows for low-speed off-road cruise control
Contact Savannah Toyota Today
Want to see these vehicles for yourself to learn which one is right for you? Call Savannah Toyota at (855) 411-6139 today with your questions or to set up a test drive, or stop by anytime at our convenient location for Savannah and Hilton Head Island drivers at 11101 Abercorn Street in Savannah.